Dr. Cornejo grew up in Eureka, a small town on the coast of northern California. She completed her undergraduate studies at UCLA where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Psychobiology. She earned her Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of California, San Francisco and was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. She moved to Seattle in 1991 for her General Surgical residency at the University of Washington. After completing her residency at the UW in 1998, she was asked to join the faculty and was an assistant professor in the Department of Surgery with her clinical practice at Harborview Medical Center for 5 years. She joined Proliance – Surgical Specialists of Edmonds in 2003 and has been an active member of the medical staff at Swedish Edmonds. She is board-certified by the American Board of Surgery, and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and a member of the American Society of Breast Surgeons.
Dr. Cornejo lives in Woodway with her husband and two children. When not working, she enjoys skiing, traveling, and entertaining family and friends.
Education & Training
- University of Washington, General Surgery, 1991-1998
- University of California, San Francisco – Doctor of Medicine, 1987-1991
- University of California, Los Angeles – Bachelor of Science – Psychobiology, Magna Cum Laude, 1983-1987
- American Board of Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Breast Surgeons